Photobucket

Kevin news;
Tuesday, February 7, 2012 11:17 PM | 0 comments

Hey Guys,
Two posts in a row ! WOOT :)

Few years back, if Kevin said his real personality is like L.A Law than I wouldn't have believed him because he used to be so stiff, awkward and 'serious' looking whenever he was in the press or interviews etc.. but recently, he is showing his playful side now. I guess his more confident now to show his true self in front of the media. :)

This new Mainland drama does seem to focus more on the females than males. Doesn't seem like Kevin got much scenes O_O idunoo..

Kevin Cheng’s New Drama, “Mystery in the Palace” Airs on Hunan TV


New mainland drama, Mystery in the Palace <深宫谍影> starring Kevin Cheng (郑嘉颖), Gan Tingting (甘婷婷), Michelle Yim (米雪), and Bernice Liu (廖碧兒) will be broadcast on Hunan TV in mainland China on February 8, 2012. A press conference to promote Mystery in the Palace was held in Beijing yesterday, with the attendance of Kevin Cheng, Gan Tingting, Catherine Hung (洪欣), and her husband, Zhang Danfeng (张丹峰).

Since the airing of Bu Bu Jing Xin <步步惊心> and Mystery in the Palace were only months apart, it was inevitable that audiences will compare the two mainland dramas. Regarding this, “Eighth Prince” Kevin Cheng clarified, “The two dramas are different in style. There is no time travel theme in Mystery in the Palace, which employs a suspenseful narrative instead. My character only loves one person, unlike ‘Eighth Prince’ who was surrounded by multiple women!”

In Mystery in the Palace, Kevin will portray Prince Ge Tai, a forthright character that is skilled as a scholar and martial artist. Meeting Han Xiang (Gan Tingting) by chance and falling in love with her, Ge Tai will take advantage of playing chess with Emperor Kangxi (Ni Qimin) in order to improve his romantic chances with Han Xiang. Get Tai vows to help Han Xiang find out the murderer responsible for her mother’s death. Mystery in the Palace will add a new spin upon dramas that focus on family love, friendship, and love.

Asked whether Kevin will be filming the modern version of Bu Bu Jing Xin 2 in the second half of 2012, he replied, “Yes, the current script is not finished yet. I do not know what my role will be, but I do hope that my role will change. If it only involved changing the costumes, without changing the plot/ characterization, then there is no greater meaning achieved in the second installment.”

In Bu Bu Jing Xin, Kevin portrayed a brooding character. Asked about his real life personality, Kevin replied, “My real life personality is similar to my ‘Law Ba’ character in Ghetto Justice <怒火街头>. I am quite playful, especially when I am around my friends. In the company of my girlfriends, perhaps I exhibit a shadow of my ‘Eighth Prince’ character.”

Allegedly, Kevin’s filming fee increased to $250,000 Yuan per episode. Asked whether he will consider becoming a homeowner in mainland China, Kevin stated, “I admit that my fee is very satisfactory, but it is not as high as reported. I do not want everyone to think that I was looting (laughs)! Since I have been filming more frequently in mainland, I have considered purchasing a house. Beijing, Hangzhou, and Shanghai are good choices, but I do not have time to go house hunting yet!”

Last year, Kevin harvested great success in both Hong Kong and mainland China, earning the nickname of “Gold Magnet King.” Regarding this, Kevin commented, “Indeed, I earned a lot more money last year than ever before! I received many job opportunities as well, but there were no slots to accept all of them. I do not think comparisons should be made; comparing one person with another is harmful. If we were to compare monetary assets, then none of us can compare to Li Ka Shing (李嘉诚)! As long as we live happily, that’s enough. Next, I will focus intently on filming. If I were to win awards, of course I will be happy. Even without awards, I will still try my best!”

Asked what type of women he preferred in real life and whether he had plans to start a family, Kevin responded, “There are differences between what is portrayed in dramas and reality. In real life, I do not like strong-headed women, which would lend to troubles. I would like to get married and start a family. My family has always urged me to do so, to the point that they do not want to remind me anymore! It all depends on fate, but I do not want any love rumors!”

TRAILER:



*credits to Jaynestars*


OLD | NEW

website hit counter